Difference between revisions of "SCWEpisode10"
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
Revision as of 16:45, 10 December 2019
Recorded on December 10, 2019, @G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Laura Jones, STEMulateMinds
Laura is an award-winning, risk strategist who helps others think strategically about the future of technology and address potential barriers to success. Previousl as a consultant for Booz Allen Hamilton, Laura has developed risk management programs for organizations such as The Pentagon, Department of Homeland Security, Department of the Treasury and various Army agencies. Fortune 500 companies. She currently serves as the Head of IT Governance, Risk & Compliance for Floor & Decor Outlet of America where she is building out new capabilities for the 2nd year publicly traded company experiencing hyper growth in the retail industry.
A 21-year U.S. Army veteran, Laura earned a Master of Science in Quality Systems Management and a Bachelor of Science in Management studies. She holds several professional certifications in information assurance, risk, quality, project management and blockchain/cryptocurrencies. Laura has completed executive education at Harvard Kennedy School and Carnegie Mellon University. She has also completed leadership programs with the Information Technology Senior Management Forum (ITSMF). Laura serves as an Advisory Member for the University of South Florida’s Executive Education in Cybersecurity Program and she serves as a team coach to senior professionals completing the Chief Risk Officer Executive Education Program at Carnegie Mellon.
Laura endeavors to elevate the risk management industry and its professionals by speaking domestically and internationally about the art and science of managing organizational risk. Laura has spoken in Munich, Germany about cybersecurity and in Dubai, UAE on organizational risk. She is the author of a children’s book titled Cyber Ky & Tekkie Guy Manage the Risk of Being Online, which focuses on helping children become as ‘appropriately informed’ as they are comfortable with using technology. Her book introduces real terms, definitions and careers to young people.
Orienting Younger Children to Cyber and Tech
Laura is the author of a children’s book titled Cyber Ky & Tekkie Guy Manage the Risk of Being Online. She focuses on children being as 'appropriately informed' as they are comfortable with using technology. Her book introduces real terms, definitions and careers to young people.
Children's Book - Cyber Ky & Tekkie Guy Manage the Risk of Being Online. Available at https://www.STEMulateCyberMinds.com
Segment Two: Security & Compliance News - 12:30-1:00PM
- Equifax nears 'historic' data breach settlement that could cost up to $3.5B Cha-Cha-Cha-Ching. Not FUD but dollars and cents. Put that in your risk equation and see how you do
- Maryland Again Amends its Data Breach Notification Law It's Maryland, it's breach notification, figured it should be mentioned
- Hidden Complexity is Biggest Threat to Compliance But is it, really? What if compliance, like PCI, requires you to know and keep inventory of your entire environment? If this is an issue, how does compliance solve it? How does security solve it?
- Data Security Remains Top IT Concern for Small Businesses and Others For the statistic lovers out there.
- Retail industry rates low on data protection Because you can't get enough news about the Verizon 2019 Payment Security Report
- A Compliance Carol: A visit from the Ghost of Compliance Past 'tis the season