Recorded on November 26, 2019, @G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- 1 Hosts
- 2 Announcements
- 3 Tech Segment: "Security & Compliance at Small/Medium Sized Businesses"; Presented by Russell Mosley, TISTA Science & Technology Corporation and Jim Nitterauer, Zix, AppRiver
- 4 Segment Two: Discussion and Q/A - 12:30-1:00PM
- 5 Security & Compliance News of the Week
- 6 Jeff's Stories
- 7 Matt's Stories
- 8 Josh's Stories
- 9 Scott's Stories
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Tech Segment: "Security & Compliance at Small/Medium Sized Businesses"; Presented by Russell Mosley, TISTA Science & Technology Corporation and Jim Nitterauer, Zix, AppRiver
Russell has nineteen years' experience in IT and information security operations and management, audit and compliance, and is CISO for a rapidly growing government IT contractor. Russell holds degrees from UMBC, UMUC, and Towson University, as well as CISSP, PMP, ITIL, and several vendor certifications. Russell has presented talks on small-medium size business security topics at BSides Charm, Chicago, Las Vegas, Rochester and at NolaCon and the defcon Blue Team Village. Russell is a member of the board of directors for BSides Charm and volunteers at BSides DC and the defcon Blue Team Village.
Jim Nitterauer is currently a Senior Security Engineer at AppRiver, LLC. a Zix company, his team is responsible for global network deployments and manages the SecureSurf global DNS infrastructure and SecureTide global spam & virus filtering infrastructure as well as all internal applications.Jim has presented at NolaCon, ITEN WIRED, BSides Las Vegas, BSides Atlanta, BSides San Francisco, CircleCityCon, DEF CON, DerbyCon, CypherCon, HackerHalted and several smaller conferences. He has presented training classes at CircleCity Con and BSides San Francisco. He is a regular contributor to the Tripwire Blog and Peerlyst. He regularly attends national security conferences and is passionate about conveying the importance of developing, implementing and maintaining security policies for organizations. His talks convey unique and practical techniques that help attendees harden their security in practical and easy-to-deploy ways.
Small Business Security Programs & Compliance
Russell and Jim will discuss security and compliance specifically for small businesses where they have been involved with audit and compliance including NIST 800-171, 800-53 (FISMA) and SOC, and how to achieve decent security and meet compliance requirements with limited staff and resources.
Segment Two: Discussion and Q/A - 12:30-1:00PM