Difference between revisions of "SCWEpisode9"
From Paul's Security Weekly
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
== Scott's Stories ==
== Scott's Stories ==
Revision as of 16:49, 3 December 2019
Recorded on December 3, 2019, @G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Mathieu Gorge, CEO Vigitrust - 12:00-12:30PM
Mathieu has been involved in extensive security research and collaborative programs. He regularly moderates and speaks at security events organized by ISACA, ISSA (Global Web Conference Committee). He has completed extended research work in the areas of risk assessment & management, payment card security, secure printing, data storage & archiving.
Mathieu regularly writes for Computerweekly, TechTarget, Searchsecurity.com, ISACA, Searchstorage.com, Computer Fraud & Security, SC Magazine, ISSA Journal and is a contributor to many security and compliance blogs and newsletters
Segment Two: Security & Compliance News - 12:30-1:00PM
- Sale of 4 Million Stolen Cards Tied to Breaches at 4 Restaurant Chains
- Sentara Hospitals to pay $2.2M HIPAA settlement for undisclosed data breaches
- Privacy Regs Changing the Face of Cybersecurity
- TrueDialog Leaks 600GB of Personal Data, Affecting Millions
- Hong kong regulating virtual assets? This should be interesting!
- Risk management and AI, oops!
- FB says data is complicated! REally?????