Recorded on December 3, 2019, @G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Mathieu Gorge, CEO Vigitrust - 12:00-12:30PM
Mathieu Gorge is the CEO and founder of VigiTrust (2003). Mathieu is an established authority on IT security and risk management, with more than 20 years international experience. He is in high demand as a speaker at international security conferences, such as RSA, ISSA and ISACA, due in no small part to his reputation, experience and the success of VigiTrust’s 5 Pillars of Security Framework™. Mathieu’s areas of expertise include PCI DSS, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, VRM and ISO 27001. He has been involved in payment security for more than 15 years, and works closely with the PCI Council in the US and EU. Mathieu is the current President and Chief Security Officer of the French Irish Chamber of Commerce. He has also served as the Chairman of Infosecurity Ireland and was an Official Reviewer for ANSI. He is the founder of the PCI DSS European Roadshow, running since 2011.
Mathieu has been involved in extensive security research and collaborative programs. He regularly moderates and speaks at security events organized by ISACA, ISSA (Global Web Conference Committee). He has completed extended research work in the areas of risk assessment & management, payment card security, secure printing, data storage & archiving.
Mathieu regularly writes for Computerweekly, TechTarget, Searchsecurity.com, ISACA, Searchstorage.com, Computer Fraud & Security, SC Magazine, ISSA Journal and is a contributor to many security and compliance blogs and newsletters
Mathieu has been involved with the security industry for the last 20 years. In 2003 he identified a gap in the market to provide pro-active consultancy services around key legal aspects of corporate security such as compliance with international data protection legislation as well as industry security frameworks. He started VigiTrust, which enables organisations to achieve and maintain compliance PCI-DSS, PA-DSS, HIPAA and ISO 27001. Mathieu also created the "5 Pillars of Security Framework" which is used by security professionals and firms around the world.
Segment Two: Security & Compliance News - 12:30-1:00PM
- Sale of 4 Million Stolen Cards Tied to Breaches at 4 Restaurant Chains
- Sentara Hospitals to pay $2.2M HIPAA settlement for undisclosed data breaches
- Privacy Regs Changing the Face of Cybersecurity
- TrueDialog Leaks 600GB of Personal Data, Affecting Millions
- Hong kong regulating virtual assets? This should be interesting!
- Risk management and AI, oops!
- FB says data is complicated! REally?????