From Security Weekly WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- 1 Startup Security Weekly #53
- 2 Matt Alderman, Startup Categories
- 3 Startup Articles & Discussion
- 4 Startup & Security Notes of Interest
Startup Security Weekly #53
Recorded September 1, 2017 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
Matt Alderman, Startup Categories
Startup Articles & Discussion
- "Get Started" Stops Users ==> Good advice for anyone working to get people to take action
- Welcome to the Era of Decentralization ==> I’ve written about this before as a sorta “professional DIY”
- 3 Ways to Change Your Audience’s Perceptions ==>
- Want to Raise Successful Kids? Richard Branson Says Let Them Fail ==>
- Golden nuggets that will improve sales efforts ==> let’s discuss the ‘customer value rule’
Startup & Security Notes of Interest
Get Ready to Pitch Your Startup on New Facebook Watch Show
- “Entrepreneurs aged 18 – 25 are invited to pitch their business ideas on Facebook Live — they’ll have just 200 characters to capture the attention of Ryan and a celebrity guest.”
- I don't like the age range - we'll discuss
Qadium raised $40m Series B
- “Qadium provides internet sensing solutions for financial services, auditing and consulting, retail, healthcare, defense and insurance sectors.”
- $69.3M over 3 rounds (initial round is debt, not seed) since May 2015
Forcepoint acquired RedOwl - undisclosed amount
- RedOwl is a provider of security analytics and risk management solutions allowing customers to understand and manage human risk.
- Forcepoint provides security solution to protect networks from cybercrime, malware and data theft for businesses and government.
- Didn’t see funding information for RedOwl
Anonyome Labs secures $20.4M Series B
- Anonyome provides data sharing tools for public and private data brokers, advertisers and organizations to share personal and private information.
- From Pitchbook - “Consumer privacy startup Anonyome Labs has raised the funds from existing investors, including Symantec CEO Greg Clark and Crosspoint Ventures founder John Mumford. Founded in 2014, the company's software allows users to create multiple digital identities to defend themselves against companies and cybercriminals trying to exploit their private information.”
Juniper acquired Cyphort - undisclosed amount
- “Cyphort develops a SaaS based platform that provides network security solutions for enterprises.”
- $53.7M in funding over 4 rounds since 2011 including $30M series C in May 2015