- 1 Startup Security Weekly #57
- 2 Interview: Barrett Lyon, Neustar
- 3 Article Discussion on Leadership, Innovation, and Startup Success
- 4 Startup & Security News You Need to Know
Startup Security Weekly #57
Interview: Barrett Lyon, Neustar
Barrett Lyon is the Vice President of Research and Development for the Neustar Security Solutions’ portfolio. He spearheads the development of innovative new products and solutions for the company’s industry-leading DDoS, DNS and cybersecurity solutions. Mr. Lyon is a serial entrepreneur and a well-respected cybersecurity thought leader with experience building leading edge network services and infrastructure. Prior to Neustar, Mr. Lyon founded Defense.net and served as its Chief Technology Officer. In 2009, he co-founded XDN, Inc. and served as its CEO. As Chief Technology Officer, he led the strategy and technical operations at BitGravity, a company he co-founded. Previously, Mr. Lyon founded Prolexic Technologies and served as its Chief Technology Officer, where he created the first successfully managed service to defend enterprises from Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
Article Discussion on Leadership, Innovation, and Startup Success
- How to Fund Your Business - Even If You’re Broke and Have Zero Experience ==>
- Why Startup Founders Need to Take a Sabbatical ==>
- B2B buying is strategic. Selling is tactical. ==>
- Small Biz Owners Almost Always Fail With Their Marketing Because of These 3 Things ==>
- VCs ready to help play job market matchmaker ==> What would this look like in security?
Startup & Security News You Need to Know
Global IPO market on pace for best year since 2007
- Sharing this because everyone has an opinion; go build something awesome and make a difference
SAP acquired Gigya for $350M (reported)
- “Gigya is a customer identity management platform that offers businesses with registration, social login, identity and access management solutions.”
- Over $100M in funding since 2006, last big round was 2014
Google acquired Bitium for UNDISCLOSED
- “Bitium is a provider of cloud-based identity and access management solutions including single sign-on, password management and analytics for businesses.”
- Raised about $15M over 4 rounds in the last 4-5 years
OnFido raised $30M Series C
- Onfido is a provider of background checking and identity verification solutions for businesses.
- over $60M in funding since 2013 - including an equity and unattributed round
Vimeo acquired Livestream - UNDISCLOSED
CA Technologies acquired Runscope - Undisclosed
- Runscope provides API testing, real-time traffic monitoring, logging and debugging solutions for application developers.
- Consider how this fits with the Veracode acquisition