From Security Weekly WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Security Weekly News Episode 20 - 2020-03-20
News - COVID-19, SMBv3.11, & Drobo Exploit - Wrap Up
Doug White's Content:
- SANS releases a security awareness work from home deployment kit.
- Drobo Remote Command Injection.
- Google Cloud Platform bug bounty of 100 thousand dollars was paid out for a Docker Container escape.
- A defense contractor paid out 500 thousand dollars for a ransomware attack.
- Nefelim ransomware will release all your secrets in 7 days if you don't pay.
- COVIDLock targets Android Phones.
- MonitorMobile also targets Android Phones.
- and Sim card hijacks can drain your crypto wallet.
- All that means the anti-malware for the mobile market may be set to take off.
- Dbags try to DDos HHS.
- Senate renews controversial surveillance acts.
- Is enhanced surveillance coming to a location near you?
- Online gaming feels the sting of increased demand as everyone stays home.
- Pornhub provided free premium subscriptions to Italians stuck indoors.