Difference between revisions of "SWNEpisode3"
From Security Weekly WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
Revision as of 16:54, 14 January 2020
Recorded January 14, 2020 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Our next webcast is January 15th with Cecilia Marinier, RSAC Program Director, Innovation & Scholars where we will discuss RSAC Sandbox, RSAC Innovation Sandbox, RSAC Launch Pad, RSAC Security Scholar and their "How to” Seminar for Innovators and Entrepreneurs! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Security Weekly News -- Week of 12 -- January -- 2020
- News Stories
- https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-returns-to-pwn2own-hacking-competition/ -- Tesla goes pwn2own again this year.
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/russian-spies-hacked-ukrainian-gas-company-at-heart-of-trump-impeachment-trial/2020/01/13/db50b2b0-366c-11ea-bb7b-265f4554af6d_story.html -- GRU "hacks" a Ukranian gas company at the heart of scandals in DC.
- https://www.newsweek.com/iran-internet-down-outages-protests-plane-crash-websites-offline-flight-752-1481842 -- Is Iran shutting down social media to prevent protests?
- https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51054901 -- and... the US government issues phones to the poor which contain Chinese Malware. Oh, and the phones were Chinese too.
- https://www.enterpriseirregulars.com/149301/cloudflare-kicks-off-2020-with-a-move-towards-a-cloud-security-operating-model/ -- Cloudflare expands into VPN and firewalling
- https://www.darkreading.com/risk/microsoft-to-officially-end-support-for-windows-7-server-2008/d/d-id/1336791 -- Microsoft has officially ended support for Win 7 and Server 2008
- https://www.pcmag.com/news/372978/hackers-are-abusing-a-bug-in-firefox-to-take-over-computers?fbclid=IwAR0TNf5aZMpvj_1lP0_DeQ3WDcsJoRjDzssMjgYhvl3EQCVu4-QpILz9P5g -- and a nasty bug in Firefox
- https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX267027 -- Citrix exploits are being well...exploited.
- https://www.darkreading.com/threat-intelligence/major-brazilian-bank-tests-homomorphic-encryption-on-financial-data/d/d-id/1336779 -- can we just go ahead and read the patterns in encryption?
- https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/bulletins/sb20-013 -- Cisco Data Center Vulnerabilities
- https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/data-breach-class-actions-georgia-48918/ -- More lawsuits in Georgia
- https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/emotet-malware-restarts-spam-attacks-after-holiday-break/ -- the return of emotet
- https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/nemty-ransomware-to-start-leaking-non-paying-victims-data/ -- never give the victim a break if you want them to pay
- https://www.fifthdomain.com/dod/2020/01/13/trump-says-us-better-at-cyber-than-anyone-in-the-world/ -- Is the US better than anyone in the world at Cyber?