From Security Weekly WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Scammers pounce as stimulus checks start flowing Be vigilant - Scammers are on the lookout for scammers looking to access the COVID-19 related relief checks - IBM claims 6000 percent rise in phishing email.
- COVID-19 outbreak may dely audits for DOD's cyber certification Audits to support claims of secure ongoing operation are necessary, remote validation anyone?
- Isralei court takes step to halt phone tracking amid virus Israel's Supreme Court on Sunday ordered the Shin Bet security agency to halt its use of phone-surveillance technology in the battle against the coronavirus, unless parliament begins legislating guidelines for the practice.
- Agencies That Bought Cloud Services in Response to COVID-19 Need to Review Security Duties In otherwords did you implement the required security and get an ATO?
- Two men in California were arrested for a coronavirus wire fraud scheme where they sought to resell 40 million respirator masks at double or triple the purchase price The two men ran a company that falsely claimed to be working with global traders, medical institution and general supply companies for five years.
- UPS and CVS will soon deliver prescriptions to a retirement community in Florida by drone. Starting next month, residents of The Villages in central Florida can receive same-day delivery from a local CVS pharmacy via Matternet’s M2 UAV.
- Most Americans are not willing or able to use an app tracking coronavirus infections. That’s a problem for Big Tech’s plan to slow the pandemic. Nearly 3 in 5 Americans say they are either unable or unwilling to use the infection-alert system under development by Google and Apple, suggesting that it will be difficult to persuade enough people to use the app to make it effective against the coronavirus pandemic, a Washington Post-University of Maryland poll finds.
In Other News
- NSA shares list of vulnerabilities commonly exploited to plant web shells NSA & ASD publish guidance on looking for web shells.
- Use Permissions to keep Scammy Apps off your Android Look for extra app permissions, use Play Store, enable Play Protect...
- AA20-120A: Microsoft Office 365 Security Recommendations CISA publishes updated security recommendations for Office 365 with remote workers
- Lack of Basic Security Measures on Sheffield’s ANPR System Exposes 8.6 Million Records of Vehicle Movements and License Plate Numbers They took immediate actions to secure the site/app.
- Hackers Mount Zero-Day Attacks on Sophos Firewalls Sophos XG Firewalls targeted, Sophos reportedly released a hotfix for CVE-2020-12271 this week.
- NSA: Selecting and Safely Using Collaboration Servicesfor Telework NSA lists the security features of telework/collaboration services.